For many content owners, rights holders, TV channel and broadcasters, linear TV is just one part in effectively reaching a larger audience. As viewing habits change, new solutions are needed to reach viewers when, where and how they choose to consume video content.
MX1 is the expert in building and supporting innovative hybrid video platforms. We bring together creative content, unrivalled industry knowhow and world-class infrastructure,
We offer a unique, end-to-end platform for direct-to-home (DTH) and over-the-top (OTT) content distribution so your customers can choose the media package that’s right for them.
- Satellite TV in the home, received via set-top-box (STB) or IDTV
- OTT in- and out-of-home via an app available for any mobile and IP connected device
Reach every screen via satellite and OTT
Everything’s possible in one combined video solution, tailored to your viewers’ consumption and device preferences. The platform supports a full range of flexible packages, from satellite to OTT as well as from linear channels to VOD or catch-up TV services. We give you the tools to reach any screen, in SD, HD and Ultra HD resolution.
Our full service offering
MX1 supports all your technical and business needs – from bringing STB manufacturers, providing innovative end user apps, and coordinating promotion and marketing support, to technical and business consultancy services.
Our platform is available as a fully managed service with MX1’s expert team taking care of the entire content workflow, with 24/7 service and support.
Our system integration capabilities support the most complex video operations, making it simple and cost-effective to deploy a full video service anywhere in the world. We can also provide separate components, whatever’s best for you.
All MX1 digital media services are enabled via our innovative, end-to-end media service platform, MX1 360.
Content and metadata can be seamlessly uploaded, transcoded and encrypted to the hybrid video platform utilising MX1 360’s capabilities; we give you simple tools for accessing, managing and delivering the content yourself.
- Highly optimised linear and non-linear content distribution, via all methods, using the latest industry standards
- Content management, including metadata management, encoding, transcoding, encryption (conditional access or digital rights management)
- Advanced monetisation e.g. subscriptions, transactions or advertising integration
- Future-proof and highly scalable, always on top of latest developments in content aggregation, management, delivery, user experience etc.
- Providing content as live streams for DTH or OTT, VOD or catchup, including start over functionality
- Neatly arranged dashboard displaying analytic data based on viewer measurement tools
- Great user experience, based on search, recommendation and social media integration
- Integration with back end services –e.g. Catalogue Manager, CRM and billing services
Bobbles.tv, a pan-European Pay TV platform, uses MX1’s hybrid video platform to provide a new global TV experience for expats in Europe, enabling them to choose to subscribe to DTH, OTT or both packages.
The entertainment service offers linear content via DTH broadcasting and OTT as well as the option for users to watch content at their own time using timeshifting and catch-up features. Initially launching two content packages – Chinese and Indonesian – via ASTRA
19.2 degrees East, bobbles.tv plans to launch more Asian packages shortly. MX1 provides the full solution for technical implementation from frontend to backend services.
Everyone is watching online video, and increasingly viewing more content on their mobile devices.
MX1 works with you to create extraordinary, multi-screen viewer experiences for the widest worldwide audience. We converge the worlds of broadcast and online video to create a
single workflow, saving you time and money. Ingest once for use on any screen and deliver the same piece of content to broadcast, online and VOD audiences.
We offer a full portfolio of end-to-end online video services for OTT streaming, catch-up TV and video-on-demand (VOD). From content preparation and management to live streaming,
CDN services and multiple apps, supporting all kinds of end devices as well as business models, we help you reach millions of online viewers around the globe.
Whether you’re a broadcaster or content provider with many channels, major sports league, rights holder or platform operator, we’ll help you implement the most effective online
video strategy, using our own services or third-party solutions. We adapt our services to fit your business and technical needs, offering a complete turnkey solution or providing standalone services as a supplement to your direct-to-home (DTH) services.
Reach more people, on more devices, and integrate subscriptions, advertising and social media to increase your revenue potential. We’re experts in providing branded and white-label solutions, allowing you to customize as needed, and create your own service application and business model.
With our enhanced business data and viewer measurement tools and analytics, we also help you make better business decisions based on viewers’ preferences, for example, using content recommendations to engage your audience.
- Content preparation & management including transcoding, metadata management, digital rights management (DRM) processing, encryption, secure archiving, catch-up preparation, reformatting in multiple standards & formats, adding graphics, overlays and titles, and delivery to your own VOD or online video platform. Our team of experts works with you to transform your content into a compelling multi-screen experience.
- Live streaming services including live encoding and packaging content in the right size and format, delivering your content effectively worldwide, and monitoring the service to ensure seamless transmission and high video quality.
- OVP services (backend and frontend) where we provide everything to manage your platform, including subscriber management, apps, and integration with other services, such as CRM, social media, advanced advertising tools etc. Our easy-to-customise apps support all kinds of business models and all types of end devices for viewing live channels, catch-up and library content etc. We ensure your viewers can easily access, select, stream, interact with your content, and find the content they’re most interested in (e.g. via intelligent recommendations).
- Ultra-high capacity CDN ensures that your broadcast-quality video is delivered to an unlimited number of users globally in the most efficient way, wherever you’re located in the world.
- 24/7 service and support with the technology and expertise to take care of your content, our network operations centre (NOC) supports you round-the-clock.
With MX1, you’re free to create great content. We take care of the rest.
Looking for more information?
Please fill in your details and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly.